Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm back!

I forgot to post last week about how long I'd be away, but I'm back and have so much to say! Tuesday was my last day at work, I had an interesting counseling session, and Wednesday we left for Dover, Delaware for another NASCAR weekend! Monday night we got home and I slept slept slept!
This morning I got up and went for screening for the National Marrow Donor Program. Nine or ten years ago, before we were married, my hubby's roommate donated bone marrow to a toddler who had a terminal illness. Through his experience, he became involved in local bone marrow donation events. My hubby and I attended one of the "bone marrow drives" where we gave a small amount of blood for type screening. Fast forward to last friday, I got a phone call out of the blue from the marrow donor program. Apparently I'm a potential match for a young man with leukemia. I still may not be enough of a match to help this young man. Only 1 in 12 of donors who get to this stage of screening go on to acutally be enough of a match to donate. BUT I won't know for another 2 months...
And this afternoon I have an interview.
Big doin's.
So sorry about the long absence, but big updates to come...

No comments: