Thursday, July 31, 2008

A little birdie told me

I powered up this morning and logged on to the internet via Yahoo! and what do you know...Wardrobe Refashion is getting a little publicity! Can I tell you how cool it is to be a part of something global, that's being recognized by writers for Yahoo!, and this isn't the first time! Wardrobe Refashion has been cited in magazines and referenced in other major websites in the past.

You know, I was reading through my last post and I'm concerned that it might sound a little daunting, this whole Wardrobe Refashion experience, but can I tell you...it's right up there in the top five things that have happened to me in my life. Seriously.

And I know I say *seriously* a lot, but really. Seriously ; )

It has given me so many ideas, so much confidence, the accountability that I need and opened my mind to more thrifty and frugal living. I think part of why it's been frustrating at times is because I had a lot of bad habits of making shortcuts with my handsewing and I need to re-train myself to do it right now that I'm machine sewing.

I'm not saying that to be a part of wardrobe refashion you also have to make your own laundry detergent and start hypermiling; but it opened my mind, got me thinking about my relationship with clothes. That in turn set off a domino effect into other areas of my life.

So if you haven't already, CHECK it out! It rocks! Even if you don't take the pledge, it's so interesting going back in the archives and seeing the cool ideas these guys have come up with! It will really charge your creative batteries!

3 comments:

Erin Alaska said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. I will check back soon :)

Meredith said...

I really like the way you describe your shift in awareness.

I'm a die-hard thrifter, but it has actually caused me to become less crafty--why buy materials to make things when I can find them already made for pennies at the junk store?

Using our older clothes for new projects is probably the missing link for me.

MJ said...

I actually find that what I find at the thrift stores are not exactly what/how I want them, so I basically buy them for the purpose of using them as material for something else. Whether it be a frame that I want to paint a different color or a jumper I want to use the materials for in a different type of garment. (Besides the fact that I'm "oddly shaped" ... I hardly ever find clothes just right for me!)