Thursday, August 21, 2008

The possibilities are endless...

I'm sitting here, thinking about my infant-sized Zuke and thinking "I swear I heard something about a zucchini recipe just yesterday." Indeed, I finally recalled Jana's Zucchini Challenge and am planning my dinner and skipping lunch to save room for her Parmesan Crusted Zucchini. And since this 7.5 lb/2' zuke is going to go far, I'm thinking of trying Suzie's latkes too! Maybe I'll make some Zucchini Bread or try frying some of it up like my friend did this weekend. MMmmmm...


Or maybe I'll try Jenn's Zucchini Soup. Maybe freeze some for the long raw days of late February when you start forgetting what home-grown veggies tasted like.

Do you have a favorite Zucchini recipe?

How about eggplant? I have two huge eggplants and I have to admit, I'm not a big fan. Help me discover the greatness of eggplant! (I hate to see it go to waste!)

I also got a couple jalapenos, sweet banana peppers, TONS of tomatoes of all kinds (green, roma, beefsteak, etc.), some green beans (my hubby actually likes these!), summer squash, and a mystery pepper.

I also think I'll save some of the seeds to start my own plants next year. Anyone have any seed-saving advice? The last time I had a vegetable garden, I was 8 so I'm a bit of a newbie, though I'm sure a lot will come back to me. I just hate to pay good money for store-bought seeds when I'm simply throwing my own away (or eating them) while I could be saving a few for next year!

Tomorrow I'm going back to mom's garden one last time while "garden-sitting" and I'm hoping the spaghetti squash is ready!

I decided to start a listing of my favorite "Blecipes," recipes I find on my blog list. I think it could become a verrrrrrry long list!

No comments: