Wednesday, July 23, 2008

...and then I found the macro button!

Another rainy Lunchcapades in New England.


And what would I make with all of these?

Lots of stuff! Tonight I'm making a bunch of jars of gourmet condiments. Including gorgonzola stuffed olives, pickled radishes, onion jam, corn & pineapple relish, spicy olives and my homemade creamy caesar dressing!



Of course, I stopped at the farm stand across the street from work for fresh corn on the cob. I'll steam it up, slice off the kernels, and pop them into the relish.



Saturday I plan to picnic with three other ladies I haven't seen in a year and we are all bringing something fantastic to eat! Leah is bringing authentic Puerto Rican sandwiches with avocado, tomato and onions pickled in lime juice or cider. Mmmmm...pickled avocado. She's been to PR twice this summer with her family. I can't wait to hear all about her travels! Mimi says she found a great coconut cake recipe she's been dying to try out, and Jewel makes great iced tea! I'll be sure to take lots of pics and get recipes of everything! I'll be making fresh dough for rolls Friday night to pop in the oven before I leave Saturday morning so they're nice and fresh! (warm rolls with onion jam...)

The rest of my break I spent fiddling with my "made by" tags. I decided to follow the route I've gone with my cross stitching. I'll just do a simple tag with my initials instead of making a big deal out of it. I may do a simple border as well, but no extra words. Not that that isn't nice, it's just not my personal style. I acutally adore a lot of the customized tags out there, but for my stuff I think simple is the way to go. So I started shooting pics of it, fighting with my camera, mad because I know there's some setting I can get to somehow that will allow me to get ubber clear close-up pics but I've changed all the internal settings and it isn't WORKING for me!


Then I found the macro button! And it couldn't be easier if it said "hit this button for close-up shots!" **shaking head**




Then of course I had to take close-up pictures of everything!!





There's something that just makes me giddy about cross stitch. Perhaps I'm spreading myself too thin trying to master every thread and bead artform there is!


I'm so excited! I can't wait to go home and take pictures of my buttons and my shells and this cool silver coffee pot I got at a yardsale for 50 cents, and, and .... *grin* something sunny is happening inside.

No comments: