Tuesday, July 15, 2008

*Gasp* Can they even sleep at night!?

I was doing laundry last night and recalled something I read about the cost of laundry soap. I know, I've been talking a lot about laundry soap lately and it's not like saving hundreds of dollars every month, but it's a snapshot of the world.

And it's my blog, I can write what I want to! LOL

I recall reading somewhere (sorry - I've read so much on this, I can't find it again!) that not only is commercial laundry detergent more expensive, but we are probably using far more than necessary. I actually thought "I'm pretty sure I don't use too much, but I should check that out next time I'm doing laundry." So sure enough, I remembered to read the label. On my particular bottle, it said for a regular load, fill to the bottom line, heavy to the second line, and extremely heavily soiled loads should get enough detergent to fill to the third line. Except the lines weren't lines around the cap like a measuring cup. They were like bars on a bar graph. And they didn't stick out in any way from the rest of the surface. It was like they used a denser plastic mix in those areas so if you hold it up to the light, you can see a faint shadow that shouldn't be there.

NO JOKE!!!

I was perplexed at the time. Like do they really think that's helpfull? Are they serious? Is this normal laundry detergent cap-marking practice? Seriously.

And do you know...the lowest "bar" on the "bar graph" is like a 1/3 of an inch up from the bottom of the cap? Do you know how much I usually use?! Do you know how much extra detergent I've paid for in the last however many years?!? Do you know how angry I'm getting just rehashing this from last night?!?! Do you?!?!?!?!?!

Do you know how much extra you've been using?

No comments: