Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Setting Boundaries

I've decided to use an organza type material for the tie-backs on my previously dubbed "interview shirt," but that would require another trip to the craft store. What to do, what to do.

I may limit myself to going with my hubby. He's good at standing there and saying "what are you going to use that for? do you really need that? are you sure you need that much?"

I know it will be a bit of a sacrifice for him, but maybe I can make it up to him by going to the Hobby shop with him afterwards!

I've been reading Boundaries lately. In a very teeny tiny nutshell, it's about setting healthy parameters on your relationships. Like saying "I love you Mom, but right now's not a good time to visit. Thanks for dropping by, let's get together tomorrow." Instead of allowing her to just drop in for an unannounced visit while you are trying to clean the house and bake brownies for the PTA meeting and get those birthday party invitations ready before the mail carrier comes.

I'm on the chapter dealing with setting limits on your personal behavior, like your relationship with food and shopping! It's quite interesting to be doing all of this when I come to this chapter. Interesting and revealing! I highly recommend the book.

No comments: